Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Buttermilk Pie

this is the wonderful thing about baking, especially pies, usually you have everything you might need stuffed away somewhere, and you can usually always find a good substitute if by chance you do not have it!

I did not get to taste this recipe first hand, we had to unload some of the pies I have been making, B and I just cant try that many! So I sent this one to a good home, and tummies, where it was well received! This particular one came feedback reported well. My friends K and R were the lucky couple to enjoy this pie. K said it was nice and creamy with a really good flavor! I think next time I make it will be for Christmas with Egg nog!


Buttermilk Pie

enough pie crust for one bottom

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

this is a super simple recipe no need for extra pictures!
just preheat the oven to 350
in a large bowl cream butter and sugar until smooth
mix in flour, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla

pour the filling into the pie shell and sprinkle the top with nutmeg
bake for 60 minutes until golden brown.
it will puff up quite a bit, but as it cools with will settle down.
kind of shake it to make sure it dose not jiggle to much to make sure it is done all the way though

this is a pretty rich pie, but as I am finding out there is no such thing as a pie that is not rich, if there is I will find it and post it... its gotta be out the somewhere!
but this happens to be a nice pie served cold, after a hard week!